74.1% of respondents plan to increase their use email marketing and 68.3% will increase their use of social media in 2010, according to a survey conducted by VerticalResponse, Inc. The survey was conducted on 831 small businesses of under 500 employees.
The survey reveals that 96.2% small businesses intend to continue their marketing spend in the email. Conversely, television and radio advertising tend to be used least in 2010. Around 79.6% are not planning to use TV, and 72.7% of small businesses will not use radio advertising.
Other key findings
- Over two-thirds of small businesses have plans to increase usage of email marketing and social media in 2010.
- 35.1% of Small businesses plan to increase their use of social media by a little and 33.3% plan to increase it by a lot.
- Over 54.2% of all respondents said they won’t do online banner advertising in 2010
- 56.6% of businesses under 11 staff and the 48.2% of businesses with 11-100 employees have no plans to spend on banner advertising.
- 23.8% of all respondents reported that SEM was the tool most needed for their business to succeed in 2010.